Kitchen Safety

Government statistics show that more than 50% of all electric fires are caused due to the faulty use of kitchen appliances. Take extra care when using kitchen appliances while avoiding contact with water and warm surfaces. Make sure that:

  • You don’t leave any electrical equipment unattended while it is working.
  • Combustible objects are kept away from the cooking area.
  • All the appliances are unplugged when not in use.
  • No appliances are used in wet condition.
  • Refrigerator coils are vacuumed quarterly.
  • No appliances are repaired while they are still plugged in.
  • Any grease or buildup in the ovens and grills is cleaned regularly as it can cause a fire.
  • All the cords are kept away from water and hot surfaces.
  • Microwaves and refrigerators are well ventilated.
  • A smoke detector is installed for complete protection.